Photobucket

Changing it Up

...but just a little bit ;)

Lately, I've been on what I'm calling an "artist's streak". I've been trying to teach myself new styles and I'm making myself CHOOSE one. Once and for all. Because, looking back on pretty much all of my art, everything looks so different. People who look at them may not even know they were made from the same artist. So I decided to start working on style a little bit.

And I think I've found it.


"Style" isn't about trying too hard. "Style" is about what makes you feel comfortable. Your "style" is what comes easily to you. My new art style just really flows from my pencil/brand new awesome-possum pens I bought yesterday that I'm obsessed with.



And style doesn't necessarily mean art or clothing. Style can be anything from how you put your makeup on to what your favorite color is. Style isn't just a term for who's cool or not.

It's who you are.


It's you.

My "style" in art is all about expressions, cute-ness, femininity (because I really just CAN'T draw guys. I'm working on that next...), curves, and bright colors.
My "style" in clothing is all about pretty colors and comfy-ness. I will not wear skinny jeans if they're uncomfortable and I refuse to wear converse because they make my feet feel weird. Don't ask why. I love wearing cardigans and my brown slip-on shoes that go on and off with ease (and that look very snazzy with socks on underneath.) 

I'm not necessarily what you call "fashion-forward" but I look like me! I mean, if I were to go walking down the street in some amazing outfit that, say, my sister was wearing, I would look pretty, but I wouldn't look like me. And I don't want that.














And so I kept that in mind as I started to draw.

The picture on the left is a sort of self-portrait of me.

Notice I'm wearing a slightly baggy shirt (they're just so cute. I don't know why. And talk about comfy...) and the tank-top underneath it is supposed to be a bright blue (at least in my head). I looooove bright colored tanks. They just make any outfit so much better.
And do you like my socks? 

I have some really amazing ones that have little bears faces on them. I just want to wear them 24/7, but now they're starting to fade :(






(pardon the date on the picture here. I forgot to edit that off on gimp. )

I've also found, that I LOVE drawing dresses. And hair.

You see, I got these amazing-awesome-sauce pens at Michaels yesterday (they should be amazing. They were $25!) and I'm already totally obsessed with them.
There are five different shades of grey, and three more pens that are different sizes. 

And they're just so perfect.

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I was playing around with them in the store (you know how they have those little pads of paper for you to sample stuff on? Well I like was creating all these pictures on it and was smiling and humming to some random song like a mad person. I bet some of the people passing by thought I was a bit strange... but aren't all artists? lol!)

The simplicity of this dress really awes me. Soooo pwettyyyyy.

I mean, come on, look at the ruffles.

Cute-ness.
And check. This. Out.

Yes I do believe I want her hair. 

Badly much so.

BUT

my hair isn't too bad either. I've been curling it for the past few weeks, and I find that it works soooo much better than straightening it. And it's a more feminine look too I think. For me I mean. 
I sometimes envy the girls who have gorgeous, sleek hair that shines when it whips around all cool looking.
But I'm still happy with mine anyways. 
 :D






By far this is probably one of my favorites right now.

Her DRESS!

I was pretty excited when I drew this. Which was last night. Which was kind of a bad idea. Because I couldn't go to sleep after that. haha!

That's what happens to me. I want to draw at night and then I draw something I really like and I can't stop thinking about it and I want to draw more but it's bedtime (meaning midnight... I need to go to bed earlier) and I have to get up in the morning.

But it's always worth it. 

:D










So here's my big ole' post about style and stuff. 

Because I'm just so "inspirational". 

That's sarcasm by the way. 

But anyways, I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I do. 

Be Crazy Y'all!
Claire


No comments: